How To Basement Floor Paint
Basement Floor Paint – Add a new layer of paint for your basement is a relatively quick and inexpensive and easy to beautify the space. It allows you to enhance the overall look of your downstairs concrete floor without a classic cover with carpet or rug. Before you begin, select a special epoxy coating for concrete floor basement or garage. Other types of coatings are very sensitive, and will not provide the durability you need. Epoxy paint made for concrete floors are very hard to dry with the completion of the traffic that can withstand repeated with ease, abrasion, scuffing and powerful punch. When the paint is selected, the bottom layer of soil you need a few simple steps and a few days of drying time to Basement Floor Paint.
- Adjust the temperature of the basement if necessary. It should heat the indoor air and the surface of the earth at least 50 and 90 ° C to allow for proper drying of the paint application. If you use a space heater to warm the area, keeping the paint and other flammable materials away from heat sources.
- Fix problems before they start. If the concrete floor has cracks or fractures, the use of concrete or concrete composite repair patch to repair the damage. If your basement is that you are prone to water leaks, condensation, mold or mildew, and fix the root of the problem before the paint on the ground. Unexpected water will accumulate in the basement on the day after plating ruin your efforts.
- Clean the surface of the earth when you’re high ambient temperatures. Broom sweeping the ground with a large permanent to remove dust, dirt and other debris. Mixing a bit of detergent in a bucket of water and use a stiff brush to apply the cleaning solution to the concrete floor.
- Aquarius normal rechargeable brush and rinse with water. Use a stiff brush or a clean towel similar to rinse the floor with water and detergent removes remaining. Let the floor dry completely.
- Tape around the bottom edge of the wall to avoid the paint on the surface errors. Use painter’s tape to allow for easy application and removal.
- The application of epoxy primer based on the ground to serve as a base layer for the actual paint. Use a paint roller handle for a long time to apply the paint and started at the end of the room door. Initial applications even in long strokes and work backwards towards the door. This technique is a suitable workspace lets you without having to enter the wet primer.
- I chose the application of an epoxy coating around the edge of the earth using a paint brush and paint tray. While the disc is enough for the primer, your paint will look smooth and even. It may be difficult to achieve this look is perfect if you just use a paint roller. Extend paint about five inches from the wall.
- The application of paint to the rest of the basement. Again, the use of a roller handles for a long time and started at the end of the room door. The use of paint or paint tray just pours directly on the ground and spread with a roller. Even in the application of paint strokes. Allow at least 12 hours to dry before applying the second coat of paint in the same way.
- Allow at least seven days prior to the placement of furniture or heavy walking on your floors freshly painted. While you have the primer and paint cans may appear shorter drying time, and this gives you a lot of basement longest time to dry and harden. Removing the tape and reset your basement after fully dried and ground. Lets enjoying Basement Floor Paint.