Attaching Wood Over Laminate Tile Flooring
If you want a new look in your room consider placing a wood laminate tile flooring. If you already have tile, it’s not as difficult as you think. You do not have to break the tiles, but also must caution that it is level. You can place plywood flooring over the tiles with a few tools and patience.
- Allow the laminate tile flooring to acclimate to the temperature and humidity at least 48 hours before installation. Arrange the flooring but make sure that the boxes remain unopened. Heat the room at a temperature between 65 and 85 degrees F (18 and 29 degrees C). If the room has more than 65 percent moisture or less than 45 percent use a humidifier or dehumidifier to adjust. No more than three boxes apply and leave at least 4 inches (10 cm) of space around them for good air circulation.
- Remove the moldings. Leave a raised plinth. Controls the tiles to make sure they are clean and level. If they are not using cement to level par fit.
- Measure the room and divide the width by the width of the boards. The answer is the number of tables throughout the room and the rest is the width of the boards. It is important that the first and the last table are the same width, so add the rest to the width of a table and divide by two.
- Start at the left and working clockwise. Put the tables along the wall. Spacers used to maintain a 1/4 inch (86 mm) to allow for expansion. This is especially important around cabinets and other obstacles in the room. When you start to put the laminate tile flooring wood over the tiles and the base layer, starting with only 4 tables.
- Use the wall as a guide when installing the first table. Put it against the wall and begins row 2 with a table that will cut 1/3 of its length. This allows you to stagger the rows. There tabs and notches to secure the two in place. Table 3 is connected to the first end and locks into place.
6. Use several long for additional rows, but not away tables less than 16 inches (35 cm). Tables choose at least three different containers; this makes it look casual. Make sure that the last row is approximately the same size as the first. You probably have to cut them to fit. Keep them separated 1/4 inch (6 mm) from the wall with a spacer. Change the trim moldings, or use special than most firms produce for your laminate tile flooring. You have finished attaching the laminate wood floor over the tiles.